1) Do not touch the wrapping around the wound. (I will come to remove it 24-36
hours after the Bris.)
2) During the first few hours make certain that the baby urinates. It is ok if
the urine seems to have red in it, and it is ok if it seems to cause him slight
discomfort when he urinates. If he does not urinate, call me.
3) Apply a new “tent” at each diaper change. Each tent should be a 3” x 3”
sterile gauze with 1/3 bacitracin and 2/3 A & D ointment spread around.
Wash your hands thoroughly with soap. Apply the gauze directly on the head of
the penis, fold and press the edges together.
4) Continue applying tents for 4-5 days.
5) The wound will look raw and possibly a bit swollen as it heals. There may be
a white discharge at the sight of the wound. This is normal. The white discharge
is actually a scab which will disappear after a few days.
6) Try to keep the baby swaddled snugly during the first few days. The less he
moves his legs, the more comfortable he will be.
7) No tub bath for 7 days. Sponge bath is allowed 12 hours after the bandage is
8) If you have any questions, please feel free to call me. Relax, and have much Nachas!